PHP Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in ..../showthread.php(1080) : eval()'d code on line 31
Power & Corruption

1. Collapse Details
    Power & Corruption 
    There's little dispute that power and corruption are closely linked in politics, law enforcement, positions of management, and so on. But do you think that it's more that power corrupts, or that (already) corrupt people are attracted to positions of power? Obviously it's not exclusively one or the other, but which force do you think is stronger?

2. Collapse Details

you have a point there.

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLeader View Post
    There's little dispute that power and corruption are closely linked in politics, law enforcement, positions of management, and so on. But do you think that it's more that power corrupts, or that (already) corrupt people are attracted to positions of power? Obviously it's not exclusively one or the other, but which force do you think is stronger?
    Humm. Good idea for a thread topic. I think if you just look at history and in your own life, you see just how much the corrupting force that power can be, because it often takes people who had genuinely been thought of as good people, and turns them into something even they thought they'd never be. I think it's one of those age old sayings that "absolute power corrupts absolutely". It's human nature and has been that way since the beginning of time.

4. Collapse Details

Drug Harm Reduction
    Social Drug Discussion
    Positions of power will always attract scum-bags. But, there will always be people trying to do good as well....but everyone's definition of right and wrong is different...Hopefully, no one person becomes too powerful...

5. Collapse Details

As the saying goes "you don't change Washinton(DC),Washington changes you". Truer words have never been spoken.

6. Collapse Details

People that seek power weird me out.

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djones View Post
    As the saying goes "you don't change Washinton(DC),Washington changes you". Truer words have never been spoken.

Yeah I think that's pretty on point.

8. Collapse Details

We have a serious problem with "the system" in America today.Not saying that corruption didn't occur before our time but to the degree that it has become expected and accepted by the citizenry is what troubles me and should trouble every American.While I believe it was Nixon, who declared "a total war on drugs" for political reasons that gave birth to the current Police State, it was 9/11 that cemented it's legitimacy in the minds of most Americans.After all,TBH it is easier to go along to get along,even more so when you throw in security to sweeten the pie.Man,I have so much to say on this subject but for now I'll just finish with that famous quote attributed to Ben Franklin "Those who sacrifice Liberty for Security deserve neither". Piece Out.

9. Collapse Details

I heard a nice quote somewhere (not exactly): If you want to know clearly about the nature of a person, give him power.