Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrDetroit View Post
    sol politicians should be lined up and shot. And then let us regular people have the country back.
    They don't need to be shot,voting them out of office is a fate worse than death to any politician.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by downerhead View Post
    Comrad Obama is one of the shittiest presidents this country has had in recent history.During his first campaign he kept saying we need change but never bothered to say what those changes would be.And Obama-care is a fucking joke.They actually fine you for not signing up for it?Fuck that.That\'s un-American as shit.I have no insurance of any kind and after looking into this affordable healthcare shit he\'s implemented,I\'ve found it\'s actually cheaper for me to just pay the fine than get this shit.The cheapest plan I qualified for was $280 something.IMHO,a lot of his ideas seem right in line with communism.In my view,he\'s a damn muslim communist who lets every fucking illegal alien and their families stay over here and leech off America.What a stupid piece of shit.

He seems to care more for illegal aliens than he does for the American people.If I were a foreigner I would actually be given a couple hundred grand by the Obama govt. to start my own business.However,I am a born U.S. citizen so when I go to set up my own business I won\'t get shit as far as help from the govt.All I\'ll get is taxed out the ass.And it seems that neither party has any good candidates in mind for the next election when this dipshit is finally the fuck out of office.Our country just turns to shit more and more each year.I know we have it better than a lot of places but damn,we need major govt.reform and we need it fast.
    TRU DAT.Just ask Apu at the quickie mart.And they HATE us to boot.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by djones View Post
    ^^ well for starters you don't get to keep your old doctor,the insurance companies helped write the bill,many corps. got stays, delays and exemptions in implementing the law,
    Umm, so it sounds like you're agreeing with me that this isn't communism? Not sure why you mentioned this.

regardless of the Supreme Court decision this is the first time American citizens are FORCED to buy something whether they want to or not(no one MUST buy a house,using Q's example),
    No, you're not forced to buy anything. You can just pay your taxes instead. You're perfectly welcome to go without health insurance. Also, note the exemptions I linked above.

Corps. made full time employees into part-time workers for the sole reason of saving money and forcing more people onto Obamacare (how is that a good thing, corporate overlords allowed to manipulate the law to their benefit again at the expense of workers and taxpayers),
    According to this article here, involuntary part-time work has actually declined in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    The share of U.S. employees in part-time jobs who would rather work full-time didn't decline only last year -- it has been falling throughout the recovery that followed the Great Recession. In 2009, the year the recovery officially began, 6.3 percent of workers reported being in involuntary part-time employment. By this year, that figure has fallen to just over 5 percent, economists Dean Baker and Helene Jorgensen of the Center for Economic and Policy Research note in a recent study.
    giving the corrupt IRS even more power over you,Congress passed the bill without being allowed to read it first.
    I wouldn't buy that line about Congress not knowing what was in the law. The law went through many iterations before reaching its final form. In fact, the latest SCOTUS challenge to law is partially based on a previous versions.

Also, Republican Sen. John Chafee introduced the "Health Equity and Access Reform Today Act" in 1993 which has a very strong resemblance to ObamaCare. The PPACA also borrows familiar elements from health systems in Utah, Massachusetts, Switzerland, The Netherlands, etc.

How on Earth can they say they didn't know what was in the PPACA? Because people will buy it and recite it.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Queue View Post
    Umm, so it sounds like you're agreeing with me that this isn't communism? Not sure why you mentioned this.

No, you're not forced to buy anything. You can just pay your taxes instead. You're perfectly welcome to go without health insurance. Also, note the exemptions I linked above.

According to this article here, involuntary part-time work has actually declined in the last few years.

I wouldn't buy that line about Congress not knowing what was in the law. The law went through many iterations before reaching its final form. In fact, the latest SCOTUS challenge to law is partially based on a previous versions.

Also, Republican Sen. John Chafee introduced the "Health Equity and Access Reform Today Act" in 1993 which has a very strong resemblance to ObamaCare. The PPACA also borrows familiar elements from health systems in Utah, Massachusetts, Switzerland, The Netherlands, etc.

How on Earth can they say they didn't know what was in the PPACA? Because people will buy it and recite it.
    Lookit, We could go back and forth on this ad nauseam but I'm just not gonna waste a lot of time re- sourcing material to play he said she said. There are bigger fish to fry.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Queue View Post
    So you're either forced to give away your money for something or forced to give it away for nothing. Parting with your money is not voluntary on your behalf. We live under a state that has agents with bigger guns and tighter handcuffs than its citizens are allowed to have, and it uses these trump cards to force the flow of money out of the hands of those citizens whenever the psychological manipulation does not work. This has all gotten worse since Obama took office. I personally don't like living under such dominance.

The "kool-aid" is merely a reference to nice-sounding things (like restructured healthcare) being used to dupe a citizen into handing more and more of his autonomy over to the state, increasing its power while reducing his freedom.
    Last edited by RedLeader; 03-02-2015 at 07:33 PM.