PHP Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in ..../showthread.php(1080) : eval()'d code on line 31

PHP Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in ..../showthread.php(1080) : eval()'d code on line 31
Opinions Regarding Obama - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wiggi View Post
    ^ I voted third party in 2008, but for McCain in 2012 solely because he was the lesser of two evils.
    McCain was the 2008 candidate and Romney was the 2012. Unless you mean in the republican primaries.

......Not that I am promoting Obama or like his policies but people get all worked up over welfare/ foodstamps and housing programs but that accounts for only 10% of national spending. Our gross debt is directly attributed to Bush who decided to drop the taxes to almost unprecedented levels and then committing to a war that has cost the American public untold amounts of debt. I like neither the democratic or republican party.
    Last edited by somnilicious; 08-20-2014 at 02:48 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Comrad Obama is one of the shittiest presidents this country has had in recent history.During his first campaign he kept saying we need change but never bothered to say what those changes would be.And Obama-care is a fucking joke.They actually fine you for not signing up for it?Fuck that.That\'s un-American as shit.I have no insurance of any kind and after looking into this affordable healthcare shit he\'s implemented,I\'ve found it\'s actually cheaper for me to just pay the fine than get this shit.The cheapest plan I qualified for was $280 something.IMHO,a lot of his ideas seem right in line with communism.In my view,he\'s a damn muslim communist who lets every fucking illegal alien and their families stay over here and leech off America.What a stupid piece of shit.

He seems to care more for illegal aliens than he does for the American people.If I were a foreigner I would actually be given a couple hundred grand by the Obama govt. to start my own business.However,I am a born U.S. citizen so when I go to set up my own business I won\'t get shit as far as help from the govt.All I\'ll get is taxed out the ass.And it seems that neither party has any good candidates in mind for the next election when this dipshit is finally the fuck out of office.Our country just turns to shit more and more each year.I know we have it better than a lot of places but damn,we need major govt.reform and we need it fast.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by downerhead
    he\'s a damn muslim communist.
    Not true. Obama is a Christian: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/thedude...ive-interview/
    I would actually be given a couple hundred grand by the Obama govt. to start my own business.
    Link please.
    so when I go to set up my own business I won\'t get shit as far as help from the govt.
    Not true. There are lots of sources of aid for new business from the federal government. Theres a whole government department which does just that: https://www.sba.gov/

What kind of business you starting?
    major govt.reform and we need it fast
    What kind of reform do you mean?

4. Collapse Details

^Seriously,How can you not describe Obama letting 5mil.+ foreigners invade this country and using American tax dollars to ship them to every corner of the US, an act of Treason ? Both Bush(W) and Obama have done their job well in delivering us to the Globalists.Our leaders have long sold us out.

5. Collapse Details

Downer, Obama's far from a communist. Obamacare subsidizies private insurance companies (an idea proposed by a few Repubilcans in the past), and bailed out numerous private banks and private businesses. iotw, his policies have largely kept the means of production in the hands of private industry.

Also, the fine is similar to a tax. I get a credit for buying a house. No one's making me do it. I just pay less in taxes for participating in driving the economy. Iirc no one is going to jail or losing their house for not paying the fine. That's one reason SCOTUS upheld it. And there are hardship exemptions for people who cannot afford to pay.

I don't get why you say there's no help for Americans to start their own business. That's exactly what Obamacare does along with the various other tax credits the government provides.
    Last edited by Queue; 03-01-2015 at 11:26 AM.

6. Collapse Details

Man that Kool-Aid must taste good.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by djones View Post
    Man that Kool-Aid must taste good.
    Care to elaborate?

If a person receives a subsidy to buy heath insurance they'll turn around and give it (and out-of-pocket expenses) right to a private company. That's not communism.

As for it being like a tax, the Supreme Court's opinion states that:

"Tax incentives already promote, for example, purchasing homes and professional educations. See 26 U. S. C. 163(h), 25A. Sustaining the mandate as a tax depends only on whether Congress has properly exercised its taxing power to encourage purchasing health insurance, not whether it can. Upholding the individual mandate under the Taxing Clause thus does not recognize any new federal power. It determines that Congress has used an existing one"
    Info about the hardship exemptions can be found here.

And premium/out of pocket assistance + small business tax credits help people start businesses by helping with the financial costs of medical care and helping to keep workers healthy. I could, for example, quit full-time and go into contracting b/c the credits would be there to help if my business struggles.

8. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    New Member Welcomes
    Sex & Relationships
    I really hope he does elaborate. Most people who spout off things like "kool aid" and "sheeple" don't have much to say after that.
    Just a dopeless hope fiend.

9. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Random
    Blog Entries
    sol politicians should be lined up and shot. And then let us regular people have the country back.

10. Collapse Details

^^ well for starters you don't get to keep your old doctor,the insurance companies helped write the bill,many corps. got stays, delays and exemptions in implementing the law,regardless of the Supreme Court decision this is the first time American citizens are FORCED to buy something whether they want to or not(no one MUST buy a house,using Q's example),Corps. made full time employees into part-time workers for the sole reason of saving money and forcing more people onto Obamacare (how is that a good thing, corporate overlords allowed to manipulate the law to their benefit again at the expense of workers and taxpayers),giving the corrupt IRS even more power over you,Congress passed the bill without being allowed to read it first. Obamacare is a corporate welfare entitlement program and the fact that our lawmakers exempted themselves from the law should be SCREAMING corruption in your head.But it's not so I must conclude that the Kool-Aid must taste real good.