PHP Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in ..../showthread.php(1080) : eval()'d code on line 31
Opinions Regarding Obama

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Opinions Regarding Obama 
    Do any of yall agree with Obama on any of his policies? I sure as hell don't.

2. Collapse Details

I usually vote third party, but I actually did vote for him in 2008. I was living abroad that year and the international community really liked him. It felt like a good idea at the time. It's been nothing but disappointment since. Obama has been an absolutely terrible president.

3. Collapse Details

I kind of feel like this about American politics--

You're deciding between a giant dousche and a turd sandwich... No one wins.

4. Collapse Details

^ I voted third party in 2008, but for McCain in 2012 solely because he was the lesser of two evils.

5. Collapse Details

I hate all democrats and republics. Here's why:

I don't believe in any form of governmental social safety net. No food stamps, medicaid, medicare, etc. Well won't a lot of people suffer, starve, die, have to resort to crime and be in jail? Yes but fuck 'em. We are the only species that saves the weak.

If your not able to support yourself it may be because you have bad genes or because you make bad decisions. For example I couldn't support myself a lot of times in my life because my drug abuse had made my mental health far worse than it already was. My family helped me because they love me. But no one should be FORCED to help anybody.

The thing with getting help from individuals is that they aren't going to give it to you for the most part if you aren't trying to help yourself. If I didn't get (mostly) clean from drugs my family would have thrown me out on the street. If I didn't try and get a job I'd be on the street. If I didn't work hard and do my best they wouldn't even love me in fact. My Dad's love especially is very conditional. Welfare shows no tough love.

TLDRt: I pay taxes so I always vote for whoever has R by their name. And with Obama's spending like it is...I'm furious. That is MY money. Its our money as a country. Well I guess its China's money really... All the more reason to cut out the fucking spending. See: health care law and every decision Obama has made.
    Last edited by weekend addiction; 07-20-2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: cobwebs

6. Collapse Details

^ I think we should help people in some degree. I have been at a dealer's house and all of them were talking about having food stamps and this and that. I was furious because it's obvious that they don't need any help with a few thousand in their pockets.

7. Collapse Details

He's done some decent things for the earth.. one thing that comes to mind is the massive expansion on an ocean conservation area..

As for the welfare of the American population.. you're all fucked.. The militarization of the police force, even in quiet counties is scary..

This maybe due to the industrial-military complex.. so much of American economy is based around warfare it's.. kinda fucked up.. Or it could be down to the fact that American politics is pretty much an Oligarchy.. with the main corporations with a part to play being military / war by nature.. either way.. If the American people don't revolt in a big way.. 1984 here we come.
    Last edited by neek; 07-24-2014 at 10:41 PM.

8. Collapse Details

I am a libertarian and I pretty much hate both the Democrat and Republican parties equally in the United States. I don't think either one can sympathize or even empathize with middle class America. I think the government oversees far too much of our daily lives. I don't think that Obama has done anything positive for this country since he's been in office except amass and even more horrifying level of debt.

I don't think George W. Bush did any better either. He started a war that we should never have been involved with anf he played on the patriotism of the American public in the eye of 09/11/2011.

I honestly would have loved to have seen Ron Paul become president but alas, that ship sailed.

I think it's appalling that only the super rich can become president or even consider running. The government and system need a complete overhaul. The two party system that is currently in place has very little concern for the average person. They have their own agendas. We need a larger spread of people to vote for and compare against one another.

9. Collapse Details

^The biggest problem with this is that a candidate is only as good as its voters. And the voters are fucking morons. Blame public schools, diet soda or bad parenting the average american is a drooling retard.

10. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    New Member Welcomes
    Sex & Relationships
    Well, I have health insurance now and am able to rehab my student loans from 2009 due to Obama's student loan reforms which took effect Jul 1, 2014. The new law has a plan with income based repayments that also take into account living expenses. Before this, my lenders wanted $240/month which was not possible with my meager income and being in school. I am low middle class if that, I have a shitty mother in law apartment I rent and a car, but at the end of the month my net income after living expenses is usually zero. I don't agree with a lot of his policies, but some of his reforms have benefitted me.